||Our Mission: The CIBA Foundation, through its grant program, strives to provide financial and other resources to partner organizations that support its goal of promoting the benefits of cycling to the community.|
The CIBA Foundation is a charitable organization formed and supported by the Central Indiana Bicycling Association. CIBA, a bicycle club with nearly 2,000 members, initially funded the Foundation to provide its members and other interested parties with a method for giving back to the cycling community.
The CIBA Foundation received its tax-exempt, non-profit status in late 1996 and began to consider grant requests in early 1997. Through the action of its 13 member Board of Directors, the Foundation has funded a significant number of cycling-related projects, primarily in central Indiana.
Since its inception, the CIBA Foundation has disbursed over $345,750 in 254 different grants to cycling organizations. Grants are awarded in an effort:
• To inform, educate, advise, and promote the general public awareness of the health, recreational, economic, social, cultural, and other benefits arising from the use of bicycles and other types of human-powered transportation devices.
• To inform, educate, and advise the general public concerning matters of bicycle safety.
• To promote bicycle-related nonprofit, charitable and educational purposes as deemed appropriate by its Board of Directors.
Grant requests are reviewed on a quarterly basis -- March, June, September, and December. Grant application forms must be filled out completely and submitted by the 15th of the month prior to the review month.
Grant application forms can be obtained as shown below or by mailing a request to:
CIBA Foundation, 441 Billie Lane, Indianapolis, IN 46260
Donate to the Foundation
Did you know? You can now direct your United Way contributions specifically to the CIBA Foundation.
The CIBA Foundation, Inc., is an unaffiliated agency, approved to receive designated gifts through the United Way of Central Indiana's Donor Choice Program. Our Agency Book Number is #5425. As a non-profit organization, the CIBA Foundation is authorized to accept tax-deductable contributions. If you share the Foundation's desire to support cycling and cycling-related causes, your contributions are welcomed. The Foundation's goal is to raise $1 million, from which money will be available each year for grants. Giving to the CIBA Foundation is easy. Contact the Foundation or fill out the donation form below and mail it to us.
Click here to view and print the donation form. This form requires Adobe Reader to view and print.
The easiest procedure of all is to click here and follow the simple instructions.
Grant Application Procedure and Forms
The objects and purposes for which the CIBA Foundation is organized and for which it will utilize its resources are as follows:
• To inform, educate, advise and promote the general public awareness of the health, recreational, economic, social, cultural and other benefits arising from the use of bicycles and other types of human powered transportation devices.
• To inform, educate and advise the general public concerning matters of bicycle safety.
• To promote bicycling-related non-profit, charitable and educational purposes as deemed appropriate by its Board of Directors.
• The CIBA Foundation prefers to make grants to organizations that will improve bicycling using the purposes listed above as a guideline for funding.
• Although the Board of Directors may revise its guidelines from time to time, grants are generally for $500 to $2,000.
• The CIBA Foundation prefers to give to organizations and projects that will primarily benefit residents of central Indiana and/or Indiana, but will consider applications from other locales provided they meet the general objectives of the CIBA Foundation.
• Grant requests must be submitted for review before one of the following dates: February 15, May 15, August 15 and November 15. They will be acted upon at the next regularly scheduled meeting of the Board of Directors. If you have any questions about this process, please contact us at the address below.
• E-mail pages 2, 3 and 4 of your completed grant application to:
CIBA Foundation, Inc.
441 Billie Lane
Indianapolis, IN 46260
Contact: Dolly Craft at 317-848-5170
Send your website questions and comments to:
CIBA Foundation webmaster